A special issue should include six to eight full-length articles and guest editors may elect whether to conduct an open call or to invite submissions. The guest editors will receive manuscripts, assign double-blind peer reviewers, make decisions on manuscripts and correspond with lead authors, with assistance from the managing editor (Ben Green, email@example.com) as required. All manuscripts are subject to final approval from the general editors, Chris Atton and Susan Forde.The deadline for proposals to edit a special issue of the Journal is June 30th, 2017 and the editors’ decision will be notified by July 31st.
Proposals should include:
- proposed special issue title;
- names and affiliations of guest editors;
- justification of the proposed theme with reference to existing literature and the journal’s objectives, including examples of topics that would be covered;
- list of invited authors or relevant networks from which submissions will be sought;
- proposed timeline to publication.
About the Journal
The Journal of Alternative and Community Media is published by Griffith University ePress with support from the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) Community Communication and Alternative Media section and the Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research.
The Journal is guided by an esteemed international Editorial Advisory Board. Editors are Chris Atton (Edinburgh Napier University) and Susan Forde (Griffith University). Reviews Editors are Kerrie Foxwell-Norton (Griffith University), Arne Hintz (Cardiff University) and Claudia
Magallenes- Blanco (Universidad Iberoamericana Puebla).